Lanzarote and the Chinijo archipelago (La Graciosa, Montaña Clara, Alegranza) are a group of islands located northeast of the Canary Islands in the Atlantic Ocean, off the African coast.
The island of La Graciosa is part of the Marine Reserve of the Chinijo Archipelago (la Graciosa, Alegranza Montaña Clara and some other islets). With 70,700 hectares, it is the largest marine reserve in Europe!
The island has also been declared a Special Protection Area for Birds (ZEPA).
Vistas al islote Montaña Clara y al volcán Montaña Bermeja
If you want to discover this beautiful and singular island there are multiple possibilities from Caleta del Sebo; hiking, birdwatching, mountain biking, photography, snorkeling, scuba diving…anything will be good 😊
In this island there are no paved roads, just dirt roads. It is the eighth inhabited island of the Canary Islands and is probably the least known of all of them.
We had a great time both trekking and diving here.
Durante nuestra gran travesía en la isla de la Graciosa
After our trekking route in Lanzarote that took us 6 and a half days, we started the trekking in this beautiful island right away, which took us 2 days in total. Thus giving an end to this great route to discover these 2 magnificent islands.
detalle de las etapas en la Graciosa
MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS DURING THE ROUTE
- Day 1:
- Views from Mojón Mountain
- Yellow Mountain Beach
- French Beach
- Day 2:
- Las Conchas beach
- Views from Bermeja Mountain
- Lambra Beach
- Uso de GPS altamente recomendable, a veces iremos por senderos sin marcar
- Uso de botas altas, para evitar que nos entren piedras en los zapatos y palos de senderismo.
- la Graciosa es una isla desértica, donde solo hay una población principal, Caleta del Sebo y una pequeña urbanización, Pedro Barba. Puede hacer mucha calor y no hay ninguna sombra ni fuentes de agua dulce, recomendamos traer suficiente agua para las jornadas, y por supuesto, gorro, crema y gafas de sol.
This route goes through irregular and arid terrain. Trekking experience, self-sufficiency and use of GPS is required.
Route made in September 2020. Take this guide only as a reference, since the paths can change over time.
- It is highly recommended to also bring in the backpacks:
- Little binoculars, the island is fantastic for bird watching
- Snorkeling gear (swimsuit, mask, tube and small fins). The island has very good natural beaches ideal for a rest stop and a swim (see snorkeling guide in Lanzarote and La Graciosa)
- Free camping is not allowed on the island. We must look for accommodation in Caleta del Sebo or camp in the free campsite, with prior reservation on the national parks reservation website.