First dive of 2020 summer season!
After few weeks of confinement, it already seems that things are improving and some ‘normality’ begins again. However protocols need to be followed and we have to wear the masks on until just the moment we jump into the water.
We will do 2 dives in the morning in a row, and we will have our own lunch at the same diving club ‘Snorkel’ where they have tables in the shade to use as a picnic.
In Llafranc, despite not being a protected area like the Medes Islands, it can be seen a lot of life and enjoy good dives. We will explain our experiences in these posts!
We met some friends that we had not seen for a long time and all of us headed to the boat with a lot of desire to start the diving season. Also, today, I will use the TG-6 camera (Olympus compact camera) with its Olympus housing for the first time.
On the boat, towards the dive point Cala Llosa I
At 10:00 a.m. we start the 25-minute boat trip. However there are quite a lot of waves and the water splashes, so we had some movement on the trip.
As usual in this area, the visibility is not very very good, but we can enjoy many macro life, see schools of goldfish,… which some of them will look closely at us!
Serranus scriba head on 🙂
We see many nudibranchs, lobsters and octopuses among the crevices of the rocks like these:
Octopus in a crack
lobster poking out
Also in this area we will enjoy landscapes of beautiful moluy gorgonies, some of them with Ofiuroideus:
Gorgonia with Ofiuroideus
Close-up to gorgonian polyps
Landscape of Cala Llosa canyons
Nice and quiet immersion where we enjoyed a lot, especially small life and beautiful landscapes.
At the end of the dive we return to the port of Llafranc, with a short pause to change the bottle and prepare for the second dive.
More information about the Snorkel Diving club:
- On the outskirts of town, good access by car, with a large private parking lot where it is possible to park for free.
- Equipment can be cleaned with fresh water, bathrooms and hot showers, as well as a terrace with tables and a barbecue.
- Good facilities with changing rooms,
- Link to Snorkel Diving website
- We recoomend in the area:
- Hiking: GR92 ‘Camin de ronda’
- Kayak and Snorkel at any nearby beach
- Visit and eat in Calella de Palafrugell, a beautiful town in the coast nearby