Second dive of the day
After the first dive of the day and returning to the port we take the second bottle. It is already 12:00 noon and we are going to do the second dive of the day, which is closer to the port, only 5 minutes away by boat. In this second dive we are only 4 people on board! so we will have a very calm dive and also with almost no waves, so perfect.
In this dive, as in the first one, the macro life is beautiful and abundant. We see many nudibranchs and some of them quite large (about 20 cm).
Big nudibranch, Doris type, about 20cm
Violet nudibranch Flabellina
As we have better visibility than in the previous dive, we are be able to better enjoy and take more photos of the landscape and the gorgonians.
As in the previous dive, we will see sargus, sparidae, chromis,… and some moray eel stick its head out of the rocks!
Morey, very common in shallow areas and rocky bottom.
Sparidae fish, frequent species on rocky bottoms
Very satisfied, we return to the diving club, wash all the equipment and have our lunch picnic in the same club since they have a small terrace with tables and chairs. What a good day!
More information about the Snorkel Diving club:
- On the outskirts of town, good access by car, with a large private parking lot where it is possible to park for free.
- Equipment can be cleaned with fresh water, bathrooms and hot showers, as well as a terrace with tables and a barbecue.
- Good facilities with changing rooms,
- Link to Snorkel Diving website
- We recoomend in the area:
- Hiking: GR92 ‘Camin de ronda’
- Kayak and Snorkel at any nearby beach
- Visit and eat in Calella de Palafrugell, a beautiful town in the coast nearby